REQUIRED ANNUALLY by IDFPR
The Security industry is always hiring and looking for highly trained and qualified Security Officers. The Illinois Department of Finance & Professional Regulation requires that each Security Officer complete a 8-hour refresher training to keep their security certification valid. Just like any other professional licensing, security is required to do 8 hours of annual refresher training. This class will meet that need. This is a 1 day training and you must attend the entire training to receive your completion certificate.
You will learn about Active Shooter, Terrorist acts and Definitions of terrorism. Report Writing, Use of Force, How to take someone into custody and properly place someone in handcuff, how to safely search them after you secure them, You will learn about Situational awareness of your surroundings, and learn the Jeff Cooper Color code. You will learn about less lethal weapons, OC spray, Baton, Taser/Stun gun, and much more.
- Keep up to date with your state mandated training requirement
- Reduced injury to officer and subjects
- Reduced exposure to civil liability
- Reduced workers’ compensation payments
- Increased performance, efficiency and speed when applying increased
- Boost confidence and morale
- Increased personal safety
- Improved decision-making
- Laws regarding arrest, search, and seizure as it applies to private security
- Civil and criminal liability for acts related to private security
- The Use-of-Force, including but not limited to the use of nonlethal force (i.e. disabling spray, batons, stun guns or similar weapons)
- Arrest and control techniques
- Offenses under the Criminal Code of 2012 that are directly related to the protection of persons and property
- Laws on private security forces and reporting to law enforcement agencies
- Fire prevention, fire equipment, and fire safety
- Procedures for service of process and report writing
- Civil rights and public relations
- Identification of terrorists, acts of terrorism, and terrorist organizations, as defined by federal and state statutes
Please note, there are NO Refunds for students/customers that do not show up to the course they registered for and failed to cancel before the start of the course. Only if the student/customer notified Secureone in writing that they can’t attend before the start of the course, shall a refund be issued.