This 2.5 day class is for those who want to work in the security field. The 20 hours of training is necessary for employment in contract security in the State of Illinois. IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations) is the State agency which regulates those who hold a professional license. You are also required to obtain a PERC (Permanent Employment Registration Card) to work as a Security Officer.
This course is mandatory for anyone wanting to enter the security field!
- Reduced injury to officer and subjects
- Reduced exposure to civil liability
- Reduced workers’ compensation payments
- Increased performance, efficiency and speed when applying increased
- Boost confidence and morale
- Increased personal safety
- Improved decision-making
- We offer job assistance!
- Laws regarding arrest, search, and seizure as it applies to private security
- Civil and criminal liability for acts related to private security
- The Use-of-Force, including but not limited to the use of nonlethal force (i.e. disabling spray, batons, stun guns or similar weapons)
- Arrest and control techniques
- Offenses under the Criminal Code of 2012 that are directly related to the protection of persons and property
- Laws on private security forces and reporting to law enforcement agencies
- Fire prevention, fire equipments, and fire safety
- Procedures for service of process and report writing
- Civil rights and public relations
- Identification of terrorists, acts of terrorism, and terrorist organizations, as defined by federal and state statutes
This course offers in-depth coverage of the 10 required topics to receive your certificate to be eligible to work in security. You will be trained on searching persons for weapons, and properly handcuffing a subject. This class teaches gun safety, how to safely unload a firearm, interview stance, duty belt setup, and situational awareness. We will also cover first-aid, and how to obtain a First-aid/CPR and AED certification.
Once Certified as an Unarmed Security Officer – you can take the Armed Security Course to give you more job options.
The course instructor has over 20 years of experience in the security field, with extensive security knowledge. Our training programs are so spectacular, that other security companies send their new-hires to us to receive their training.
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm – Final Day ends at 1pm
Cost: FREE – $10 Deposit required to reserve you place, refundable on final day. Failure to call to reschedule or show, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Class is limited to the first 25 registered
- Candidates must be 18 years or older to participate in this class
- Livescan Fingerprinting – $50 if prepaid ($55 day of class) – Pre Purchase Here
- Optional PERC Application Assistance – $20 – Pre Purchase Here
- The PERC card costs an additional $55 to the IDFPR
- Above costs are not included in the cost of this course