This class is for those who want to obtain their FCC (Firearms Control Card). The FCC is required for employment in armed security in the State of Illinois. IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations) is the state agency which regulates those who hold a professional license.
This course is approximately 40 hours of training. Training includes 20 hours of unarmed PERC training, and 20 hours of the required course topics listed below:
Course Topic Overview:
- Instruction in the dangers of and misuse of firearms, their storage, safety rules, and care and cleaning of firearms
- Practice firing on a range with live ammunition
- Instruction in the legal use of firearms
- A presentation of the ethical and moral considerations necessary for any person who possesses a firearm
- A review of the laws regarding arrests search, and seizure
- Liability for acts that may be performed in the course of employment.
An examination will be given upon completion of the course. A score of 70% or higher is required to pass. The exam will consist of a written test, and practical test. Successful completion shall be determined by the Department.
This course offers in-depth coverage of the required topics to receive your FCC. You will be trained on how to use a revolver, how to use speed loaders, drawing from a holster, searching persons for weapons, and properly handcuffing subjects. Additionally, the class will cover interview stance, duty belt setup, and situation awareness. We will also cover first-aid, and how to obtain a First-aid/CPR and AED certification.
The course instructor has over 20 years of experience in the security field, with extensive security knowledge. Our training programs are so spectacular, that other security companies send their new-hires to us to receive their training.
Completion of a 20-hour Unarmed Training Course is required to participate in this class.
IDFPR – Firearm Training Course #102000361