*Note: this required training to become a Security Officer in the State of Illinois is held virtually on Zoom.*
The Security industry is always hiring and this training is the first step to becoming a Security Officer. This is a 2 day training and you must attend the entire virtual training to receive your completion certificate. 20 hours of training is mandated for employment in contract security in the State of Illinois. IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations) is the State agency which regulates those who hold a professional license. Currently, they are allowing virtual training due to COVID. It should be noted, you are also required to obtain fingerprinting and a PERC (Permanent Employment Registration Card) to work as a Security Officer. Secureone does provide these services,
This course is mandatory for anyone wanting to enter the security field!
- Reduced injury to officer and subjects
- Reduced exposure to civil liability
- Reduced workers’ compensation payments
- Increased performance, efficiency and speed when applying increased
- Boost confidence and morale
- Increased personal safety
- Improved decision-making
- We offer job assistance!
- Laws regarding arrest, search, and seizure as it applies to private security
- Civil and criminal liability for acts related to private security
- The Use-of-Force, including but not limited to the use of nonlethal force (i.e. disabling spray, batons, stun guns or similar weapons)
- Arrest and control techniques
- Offenses under the Criminal Code of 2012 that are directly related to the protection of persons and property
- Laws on private security forces and reporting to law enforcement agencies
- Fire prevention, fire equipment, and fire safety
- Procedures for service of process and report writing
- Civil rights and public relations
- Identification of terrorists, acts of terrorism, and terrorist organizations, as defined by federal and state statutes
This virtual course offers in-depth coverage of the 10 required topics to receive your certificate to be eligible to work in security. You will be trained on searching persons for weapons, and properly handcuffing a subject. This class teaches gun safety, how to safely unload a firearm, interview stance, duty belt setup, and situational awareness. We will also cover first-aid, and how to obtain a First-aid/CPR and AED certification.
Once Certified as an Unarmed Security Officer – you can take the Armed Security Course to give you more job options.
The course instructor has over 20 years of experience in the security field, with extensive security knowledge. Our training programs are so spectacular, that other security companies send their new-hires to us to receive their training.
Time: 9:00am – 7:00pm – Final Day ends at 1pm – MUST ATTEND ALL DAYS
Cost: ONLY $80
- This course is conducted virtually, via Zoom. Students must have a working camera and the camera must be on during the entire course.
- When you purchase the ticket, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the Zoom training. Use that link to login to the training the day/time listed above.
- Candidates must be 18 years or older to participate in this class
- Livescan Fingerprinting – $50 if prepaid ($55 day of class) – Pre Purchase Here
- Optional PERC Application Assistance – $20 – Pre Purchase Here
- The PERC card costs an additional $55 to the IDFPR
- Above costs are not included in the cost of this course